We at the Sheerwater Health Centre are looking for a friendly “Receptionist Patient Navigator” to join our family run Practice. With the onset of the NHS changes, an opportunity for the role of ‘Receptionist Patient Navigator’ has become available. The role will be suited to someone who is organised with excellent customer service skills for a fast paced environment where you can make a real difference to people’s lives every day. We will be moving to a brand new Health Centre due for completion in 2024. We are very excited to be expanding our Health Centre and its opportunities.
The Reception department is a typically busy environment with the successful candidate being comfortable with multitasking various types of work. The role primarily requires the post holder to engage with patients in all settings including face to face, telephone and electronically, providing them with booking support and navigation services. Involvement in exciting project related work is also within scope of the role.
You will need to have compassion, empathy and a sense of humour and be prepared to work flexibly when needed. You will also need to be aware of patient confidentiality and have good listening skills
Life behind our reception desk can be both busy and demanding but very rewarding. You must be able to work under pressure and as part of a friendly and welcoming team.
We can offer the successful candidate a lovely working environment with free onsite parking and the option to join the NHS pension scheme.
The practice opening hours are Monday to Friday, 8am to 6:30pm, therefore the candidate must have flexibility with the working hours.
Candidates need to be flexible and able to provide cover Monday – Friday for sickness and holidays, sometimes at short notice. Computer skills are essential and previous surgery experience would be an advantage although not essential as full training will be given.
Pay depending on experience
Overtime opportunities to cover holidays, sickness and any additional workload
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting candidates who have been shortlisted.
- Answer the telephone in a courteous, timely and professional manner
- Communicate with patients and their families in a compassionate manner
- Communicate with GPs, other health professionals and their staff
- Make appointments and triage appropriately to the correct clinicians
- Perform any other administrative duties as directed
- Use clinical IT systems (full training will be provided) The ability to multitask and prioritise effectively whilst staying calm under pressure;
- Has a good understanding of confidentiality;
- Flexibility in working pattern and duties;
- Ability to cope with and manage change;
- Opening up and locking up the practice as and when the hours dictate.
- Ad hoc admin duties as required.
- Computer literate. EmisWeb familiarity is desirable but training will be provided.
- Maintain patient and practice confidentiality at all times
- Work to clinical governance processes and standard
- Ensure all mandatory training is complete and up to date
- NHS pension
- Free Onsite parking
- Access to NHS discounts
- Friendly working environment
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Main role is receptionist at the front desk in a busy Health Centre. To receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate appointment or service in a courteous, efficient and effective way. Previous experience of working in close contact with the general public desired, particularly in the health care sector. To undertake a variety of administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of the business.
- Good communication skills are essential
- Excellent keyboard skills preferred
- Excellent telephone manner essential
- GCSE in English and Maths essential
- Training Provided
- £9.50 per hour
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- 12 Hours a Week
We comply with all Government Covid-19 Guidelines for a Healthcare setting Personal protective equipment provided/Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place/ Face masks can be provided/Face masks are not mandatory.
- GCSE or equivalent (preferred)
- Administrative: 3 years (preferred)
- One location